Saturday, May 14, 2011

Single Girl Dinner (SGD), Breakfast for Dinner

So, my very first post about my SGD!! I never in my wildest dreams ever thought my first post about my infamous meals would be a "Breakfast for Dinner" meal. I'm a bit embarrassed! But, that's what it was on this Saturday night! So, here it is:

(2) Giant brand Homestyle waffles with butter and syrup
(2) scrambled eggs ( I did mine with milk this time), lightly salted
AND...
Mimosas!!

I only had 2 glasses tonight. Nothing crazy going on here! I used Andre Spumante cause not only do I like my bubbly, but I like my bubbly on the cheap! And Andre has never let me down! $5.49 for the bottle (it was on sale from $6.49).

WOW! So, there it is! I haven't had the urge to eat breakfast food in like YEARS! It's the meal I skip... don't lecture me! But, I went shopping hungry one night and walked out with only breakfast foods. I blame it on my Aunt Katie. I visited her for a couple of days and she has a family to feed, so, of course, they have breakfast. Like normal people!  The mood struck me right and the next time I went grocery shopping it was still on my brain. I bought flaky, layer biscuits, butter, waffles, pancakes, syrup, eggs, and orange juice (which I define as a breakfast only drink). That was about 2 weeks ago, and tonight, the taste was there! Voila! Breakfast for Dinner! BONUS:  I never expected that when I bought the oj that I'd have sitting in my fridge a brand new bottle of Spumante! What an unexpected surprise!! Those two go together like Laverne and Shirley!

1 comment:

  1. HAY! I'm following! So I guess now my friends will get to read my blog. I've had one for awhile, but never really advertised it. lol. I don't mind that my friends see it, but sometimes I like to vent about work and that wouldn't be good for business. haha

    So glad you started this!

    ReplyDelete